If the questions and answers below don't satisfy anything you may be wondering please don't hesitate to contact us.
We often get asked this question. With Rikasystemz® being a relatively new concept in the industry not everybody will know the different classes. So, if you click here this will take you to our class description page.
You can read the cancellation and refund policy on your instructors BookWhen system. They vary on time periods from area to area.
As a general rule it is 24 hours cancellation notice to qualify for a refund (some are 12 hours) if you miss any of these windows you can then transfer your space. This varies too but as a general rule you can transfer your space up to 5 hours before class starts (some are 3 hours)
If you make the cancellation in time there is a small administration, generally 75p (may vary due to cost involved), to process the cancellation with the head office team.
If you miss the cancellation window you have the option to transfer your space to the following week. Here's how to do that.
Once you've done this, it's very simple.
Watch the video here
Each Rikasystemz® class benefits the body in many ways. From Rikablitz® providing functional movement to the body, to Rikashake® stimulating the lymphatic system.
This list of benefits however refer mainly to Rikashake® although there will be crossovers into all of the other classes.
1. RiKaShaKe® provides a gravitational load which benefits the body by strengthening the musculoskeletal system. Every muscle in the body is used.
2. RiKaShaKe® also helps to improve your Body Mass Index (BMI) giving you better control over these factors.
3. RikaShaKe® is also medicinal in the fact that it benefits the lymphatic system by improving the circulation around the lymphatic system. The provides the body's immune system a better chance of fighting disease, destroying cancer, eliminating antigens and preventing illness in the long-term.
4. RiKaShaKe® also protects the joints from chronic fatigue because the rebounder absorbs the impact compared to training on hard surfaces.
5. RikaShaKe® increases the capacity of the respiratory system.
6. RiKaShaKe® improves cardiovascular performance and system.
7. RiKaShaKe® circulates more oxygen to the tissues.
8. RiKaShaKe® improves the symmetry between the oxygen required by the tissues and the oxygen made available.
9. RiKaShaKe® helps to reduce the level at which the arterial pressure rises to during exertion.
10. RiKaShaKe® helps to reduce the time the blood pressure remains at abnormal levels after vigorous activity.
11. RiKaShaKe® improves the function and activity of the red bone marrow in the productions of red blood cells.
12. RiKaShaKe® can assist the rehabilitation of existing heart problems and can also aid the recover from the heart procedures.
13. RiKaShaKe® gradually improves resting metabolic rate (RMR) meaning your clients will burn more calories for hours after finishing a RiKaShaKe® class.
14. RiKaShaKe® uses core muscles and large muscle groups causing them to contract thus improving the rhythmic compression of the veins and arteries allowing fluid to move more effectively, both blood and lymphatic back to the heart.
15. RiKaShaKe® encourages collateral circulation by increasing the capillary counts in the muscles and decreasing the distance between the capillaries and the target cells.
16. RiKaShaKe® strengthens the heart and the other muscles in the body so that they work more efficiently.
17. RiKaShaKe® gradually allows the resting heart to beat less often. Regular RiKaShaKe® exercise can benefit the heart rate, resulting in better decrease in resting heart rate.
18. RiKaShaKe® helps lower circulation cholesterol and tryglyceride levels.
19. RiKaShaKe® lowers low density lipoprotein in the blood and increases high density lipoproteins, lessening the incidence of coronary artery disease.
20. RiKaShaKe® promotes tissue repair.
21. RiKaShaKe® if attended enough times per week increases the mitochondria count within the muscle cells, improving endurance and helping to increase energy levels.
22. RiKaShaKe® improves coordination and proprioceptive awareness (your space around you) helping to prevent clumsiness among other things.
23. RiKaShaKe® also improves brain repsonse to the vestibular apparatus within the ear, thus helping balance.
24. RiKaShaKe® if performed can help body alignment and posture.
25. RiKaShaKe® can actually improve relaxation at night and encourage better sleep.
26. RiKaShaKe® can enhance digestion.
27. RiKaShaKe® can help improve mental performance.
28. RiKaShaKe® fights off colds, allergies, digestive disturbances, and abdominal problems.
29. RiKaShaKe® can help improve fatigue and menstrual discomfort in women.
30. RiKaShaKe® can improve Osteoporosis, brittle bones disease.
31. RiKaShaKe® helps improve homeostasis, the body's natural balanced state.
What we always advise as a priority is to check with your doctor or midwife.
If you have already been doing RiKaShaKe® for a while, it is usually ok to continue to do so but please inform your instructor and they will advise you further on safety.
If you haven't done any exercise for a while and you are pregnant and thinking of starting, we wouldn't advise doing RiKaShaKe® as a starting point. With advice from your midwife or doctor it may be advisable to start with something more gentle.
You do have to be careful when stretching or doing any moves that could cause you to hyperextend due to a hormone called Relaxin. Just be mindful of this and don't extend too much.
If you did attend RiKaShaKe® or any RiKaSysTemZ® class prior to becoming pregnant, we wouldn't advise working at the same pace and exertion, it's always better to be safe and precautious.
We always advise to get the okay from your doctor/surgeon before partaking in any form of exercise after a knee or hip replacement.
Rebounding is often used as a form of rehabilitation after such an operation or after an injury. However, RiKaShaKe® isn't conventional rebounding in the sense that it's routine based to music. So it does involve some kicking of legs, twisting of the body and squatting.
However, there is 85% less impact on the joints than working on a floor, so that does help reduce wear and tear and it also helps to strengthen muscles around the joints.
We always recommend you work at a pace comfortable to you. So if that means you just jump up and down for the first few weeks and don't do the routines, that is completely fine.
Always inform your instructor of any injuries or operations you may have had that could cause you any potential issues during a class. By booking a space you agree to declare and disclose any such information.
Unfortunately not. The main reason for this is instructor safety. We have had an experience in the past of an instructor being forced to hand money over against their will at night time during packing their equipment away.
Also, if everybody brought cash it very often delays the start of the class due to the instructor having to handle the cash and also hand out any change.
So, it is easier, safer and more convenient for people to pay in advance online. That way you secure a space and the instructor can determine how much equipment to bring.
There are a couple of things we need to check first. You don't need a fitness qualification to become an instructor at first. We help you achieve that through a partner provider.
So your best bet, to start off with is to go to the become an instructor page here (This is mainly for RiKaShaKe®)
If you're interested in being a RiKaRiDdiM™ instructor please follow this link: Here there are slightly different terms and criteria for this class.
We do have a class for children called RiKaMonKeyZ™ this is on the rebounders. The minimum age varies area to area but on average it is from 4 upto 16.
Some instructors do allow 11 year olds upwards to attend adult classes with parents, so it's best to check your instructors booking system to see if they allow child bookings.
If you are under 18 you would need an adult present. 18 and above you are fine to attend on your own.
We can't allow children to do RiKaFleX® or RiKaRiDdiM™. The dance moves in RiKaRiDdiM™ are not appropriate for children, if you book your child on it as the instructors discretion to disallow your child to partake.
The maximum manufacturer weight limit recommendation is 19 Stone.
if you exceed this limit there are other RiKa classes available with most instructors that you can start in order to achieve that weight or below so that you can comfortably start RiKaShaKe®